Nicaragua FTO Segovia
Flavor notes: clean and citric with a smooth mouthfeel, praline and cocoa flavors
Well-balanced, with a good, smooth body. It roasts up evenly at a wide range of roasts. If you go too dark you'll lose some sweetness. Go lighter for brighter citrus/less chocolaty qualities. Try it at a full-city to start and give it 3 days rest.
- Origin: Nicaragua
- Region: Estelí, Madriz, and Nueva Segovia
- Farm: PRODECOOP
- Variety: Bourbon, Typica, Caturra, Catimor
- Altitude: 1250 – 1350 masl
- Process: Fully washed and dried in the sun, shade grown
- Growing Season: April - December
- Harvest/Shipping: January - August
- Certifications: Fair Trade, Organic
- Crop Year: 20/21
Segovia Nicaragua coffees are typically well-balanced, with a little more body than a Costa Rican or Guatemalan. The brew has a beautiful nutty-chocolaty aroma, medium acidity, and smooth body. They're pretty beans that roast up evenly.
You'll find that it's good at a wide range of roasts, though you'll lose some sweetness if you take it dark. Go lighter for brighter citrus/less chocolatey qualities. Try it at full-city, to begin with, and see where it takes you.
For our espresso loving friends, this coffee makes a lovely single origin shot! Slightly syrupy and complex, cocoa, a hint of tangy acidity and very subtle nut in the finish. Roast to full city and give it at least 3 days of rest.