Nicaragua FTO Segovia
A little more body than a Costa Rican or Guatemalan. Beautiful nutty-chocolaty aroma, medium acidity, and smooth body. Makes a nice single origin shot of espresso.
Flavor notes: Lime, Almond, Brown Sugar
- Origin: Central America
- Region: Estelí, Madriz, and Nueva Segovia, Nicaragua
- Farm: PRODECOOP
- Variety: Catuai, Caturra, Bourbon, and Typica
- Altitude: 1100 – 1800 meters
- Process: Fully washed and dried in the sun, shade grown
- Growing Season: April - December
- Harvest/Shipping: January - August
- Certifications: Fair Trade, Organic
Segovia Nicaragua coffees are typically well-balanced, with a little more body than a Costa Rican or Guatemalan. The brew has a beautiful nutty-chocolaty aroma, medium acidity, and smooth body. They're pretty beans that roast up evenly.
You'll find that it's good at a wide range of roasts, though you'll lose some sweetness if you take it dark. Go lighter for brighter citrus/less chocolatey qualities. Try it at full-city, to begin with, and see where it takes you.
For our espresso loving friends, this coffee makes a lovely single origin shot! Slightly syrupy and complex, cocoa, a hint of tangy acidity and very subtle nut in the finish. Roast to full city and give it at least 3 days of rest.