Guatemala FTO Huehuetanango ASPROCDEGUA
Check out this alternative
Flavor Notes: sweet and savory with grapefruit, toffee, and almond
- Origin: Central America
- Region: Cuilco, Colotenango, Santa Bárbara, San Sebastián Huehuetenango, Sipacapa, San Antonio Huista, Unión Cantinil, San Pedro Necta, Todos Santos, Concepción Huista, Sam Marcos
- Farm: ASPROCDEGUA - Various smallholder farmers
- Variety: Bourbon, Caturra, Catuai, Pache
- Altitude: 1600 - 2200 masl
- Process: Washed
- Harvest: Dec - April by selective hand picking
- Certifications: Fair Trade, Organic
Asociación de Productores de Café Diferenciados y Especiales de Guatemala (ASPROCDEGUA) is a producing organization with 664 contributing members, 394 of whom have organic certification. The producing members own small farms, an average of 2 hectares each, on which they plant coffee as well as other crops for diversification, including bananas, citrus fruit like oranges and lemons, avocado, guava, and cassava.
ASPROCDEGUA offers its members access to technical assistance and routinely provides services such as soil analysis, test farms, and social projects based on food security, education, and nutrition. The smallholders of ASPROCDEGUA are from several different municipalities within the area, including San Marcos, Cuilco, Colotenango, Santa Bárbara, San Sebastián Huehuetenango, Sipacapa, San Antonio Huisa, Cantinil Union, San Pedro Necta, Todos Santos, and Concepción Huista.