Java Frinsa Collective Washed
Flavor notes: Sugary praline, toffee, mellow citrus
This coffee is rinsed, sorted, and depulped the same day it's delivered, and fermented for 18 hours. It's washed to remove the mucilage, then dried on patios for 7-10 days.
- Origin: Indonesia
- Region: Bandung, Tilu Mountains, Pangalengan, West Java
- Farm: Frinsa Estate and various smallholder farmers
- Variety: Ateng Super, Bor Bor, Sigararutang
- Altitude: 1400 to 1700masl
- Process: washed
- Harvest/Shipping: July-August
- Arrival: March 2021
- Certifications: none
The Frinsa Collective is a family-owned estate, run by Wildan Mustofa. The "collective" refers to the family's purchasing of coffee from neighboring producers for processing and sale from the Finsa Estate.
The family is progressive, focusing on experimental processing more than what is commonly found in Java.