Flavor notes: Rich, juicy and sweet with big fruit acidity and a heavy mouthfeel. There is a lot of caramelized sugar, sugar cane juice, and cherry flavors.
This is a classic, hardworking Kenyan coffee. With a lot of citrus fruit, like grapefruit. It has bright and tangy acidity, balanced with sweetness, and some of the complexity you'd expect from a Kenyan coffee.
Suggested Roast: City to Full City
- Origin: East Africa
- Region: Variety - CP Select chosen for quality and consistency
- Farm: Various smallholder farmers
- Variety: Sl-28, SL-34, Ruiru 11, Batian, K7, French Mission
- Altitude: 1800–2300 masl
- Process: Washed, Volcanic Loam
- Growing Season: March - November
- Harvest/Shipping: December - July
Our CP Select choices, like our Estate choices, are chosen for their high quality as well as looking for consistency from order to order for you. This can be an important element when you've found a type of coffee you love or a certain blend you've created that you want to maintain. Perfection is a difficult goal but we do strive for that ongoing level of quality and consistency in each CP Select choice, so that its as same as possible each time you order. Those CP Select coffees do lose their bag to bag pedigrees.